Rural Development Projects
In addition to reforestation, your purchase of trees will contribute to our community development fund, as part of a complete programme working towards a more comfortable and healthier environment for the residents of rural communities in Ecuador.
Projects for funding are:
* Agro forestry and sustainable organic agriculture practices for healthier living that will reduce the threat of agriculture on sensitive eco systems like the forests or paramo.
* Setting up community tree nurseries and training locals to manage them. The nurseries will provide us with the native trees for reforesting and in return we will provide the community with paid employment.
* Biogas units for cooking using methane from animal manure. These systems capture methane from decomposing animal manure that would otherwise be released into the atmosphere. Methane is 24 times more potent a greenhouse gas than CO2.
* Environmental Education programmes with communities and school children involving talks on climate change, its causes and impacts and how we can help reduce them.
* We are undertaking environmental research to further understanding of the unique ecosystems present in Ecuador, and to obtain data to help with forestry management decisions.
For further information on our
activities please contact us at:
Or simply fill in the form below.
(you must fill in all boxes)